Almost any kind of summer vegetable can be used in this tomato-based soup. Good choices include sweet peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, peas, corn kernels, celery, and carrots. Use what you have on hand.
Summer Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tbsp oil olive or canola
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 3 cups mixed diced vegetables
- a small handful of pasta any kind
- 1 tsp each dried basil and oregano
- 6 cups broth or water any kind, might need more
- Salt and pepper to taste
Back to Recipes
- Heat oil in a large soup pot on medium to high heat.
- Add diced onion and sauté for a few minutes. Then add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 20-30 minutes (depending on the type of veggies you are using. Add more water or broth as needed.