This recipe can also be made with spinach, chard, or broccoli instead of kale.
Baked Macaroni with Kale
- 1 1/2 cups raw elbow macaroni shells, or rotini
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup diced ham optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Back to Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions.
- Remove the stems from the kale, chop the leaves, and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and milk together, then add salt and pepper.
- In a greased 9” square baking dish, combine the macaroni, kale, cheese, and ham (if using).
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over it.
- Bake for 30 minutes.