Adding beets gives the potato pancakes a lovely red color. See Notes for other veggies to add.
- 2 medium potatoes peeled if desired. See note for other veggies to add.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chopped onion optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the potatoes and other vegetables (if using).
- Place the grated potatoes in a clean dish towel and squeeze out the excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetables, eggs, flour, onion (if using), and salt and pepper.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a preheated, greased griddle or large frying pan. Flatten each pancake with the back of a spoon. Cook on both sides until browned.
Back to Recipes
These taste great served with applesauce and sausages. You can substitute one of the following for one of the potatoes: one large beet, one large carrot, one medium turnip, an equivalent amount of celeriac.