This is not the prettiest of recipes, but it has all the elements and great flavor of cabbage rolls without the work.
- 1 lb ground beef or other ground meat
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce or 16 ounces pasta sauce
- 1/2 head cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup white rice uncooked
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef brooth
- salt optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef; drain off the excess grease as needed. Turn off the heat.
- Add beef back to the skillet or into a large bowl.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomato sauce, cabbage, and rice. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour broth over the mixture and bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir the mixture, replace the cover and bake for another 20-30 minutes until the rice is cooked.
Back to Recipes
If you use pasta sauce, you will probably not need additional salt. This recipe works with any ground meat and with any kind of tomato sauce.