Kale Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb Pasta
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 cups packed kale remove ribs (the thick stems)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, walnuts, pine nuts, pistachios or hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor add peeled garlic and process until garlic is minced.
- Add the kale, lemon juice, sunflower seeds, olive oil, Parmesan and salt and pepper. Process until the pesto reaches your desired consistency, stopping to scrap down the sides as necessary.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss cooked pasta with pesto until pesto coats pasta. If needed, add a few splashes of water to thin.
Back to Recipes
Great plain or topped with tomatoes and served with sausage. Substitute some of the kale for basil for a more traditional pesto.