Roasted Root Vegetables
A highly adaptable recipe, great for the fall and winter.
4 cups of root vegetables/squash (from the list below, choose your favorite combination or whatever you have on hand)
- potatoes cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- celeriac (celery root) peel and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- beets peel and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- sweet potatoes or yams cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- carrots cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- parsnips cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- rutabaga peel and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- winter squash peel (unless it's delicata) and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 leek cut into thin rounds, optional
- 2-3 medium cloves garlic peel and smash, optional
- 1/2 medium red onion roughly chopped, optional
- 2 Tbsp thyme or rosemary optional
- 2-3 Tbsp oil olive or canola
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and cut the vegetables you have chosen to use.
- On a large baking sheet toss vegetables with oil, seasonings and salt and pepper. Roast, stirring every 15 minutes, until all vegetables are tender (30 minutes to an hour).
Back to Recipes
Great topped with a fried egg or a dollop of plain yogurt or sour cream.