Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp chili powder optional
- 2 cups purple or green cabbage, thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup green or red onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro optional
- 2 Tbsp lime juice lemon juice will also work
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortillas or taco shells
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. On a backing sheet mix squash with olive oil, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bake until the squash is tender and can be easily pierced through with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the cabbage, black beans, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
- Assemble the tacos with the roasted squash and cabbage mixture. Top with garnishes.
Back to Recipes
Garnish with cheese, sour cream, avocado, salsa, tomatoes, or hot sauce.