- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese grated
Back to Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet or pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat for a few seconds.
- Add broccoli florets and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook for 1 minute. Stir in a few tablespoons of water and cook the broccoli covered over moderate heat until it is crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- While the broccoli cools, whisk the eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper (about 1/4 teaspoons each or less). Stir in the broccoli.
- If you are using an oven-safe skillet you can return the skillet with the broccoli to the stovetop and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Pour in the eggs and cook over moderately low heat until set around the edges, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the frittata with the cheese. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the frittata until the center is just set, about 12 minutes.
- Or - if you don't have an oven-safe skillet, transfer the broccoli-egg-mix to a greased pie pan and sprinkle with cheese. Bake the frittata in the oven about 15 minutes, until egg is set.
- Serve the frittata warm or at room temperature.