This easy side dish works well with different types of potatoes.
Smashed Potatoes with Yogurt Topping
- 1 lb small-medium potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt Greek or regular
- Salt and pepper to taste
- optional: chopped parsley or chive, garlic (fresh or powder), bell pepper or cucumber cut into small pieces
Back to Recipes
- Preheat oven to 450˚ F.
- Add potatoes to a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and add to a parchment lined or lightly oiled baking sheet. Smash each potato with the back of a fork or a potato masher, making sure potatoes remain in one piece. Then drizzle or brush potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven until crisp and golden brown, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix yogurt with some salt and pepper and any optional ingredients you might have on hand.
- Top each potato with yogurt sauce and serve immediately.