Grilled Yellow Squash
- 4 medium-large yellow squash
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Cut the squash horizontally into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick slices so that you have nice long strips that won't fall through the grill.
- Mix the oil with garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss the summer squash with the olive oil. You can also brush the oil onto the squash.
- Grill squash slices for 5 to 10 minutes per side, until they reach the desired tenderness. Brush with additional garlic oil, and turn occasionally to prevent sticking or burning.
Back to Recipes
For some additional heat, add some chili flakes to the oil. This recipe works best with medium-large, long summer squash (either yellow squash or zucchini).