- 1 lb cucumbers
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. each mustard seeds, peppercorns, and ground turmeric, or 1 ½ tsp. pickling spice
Back to Recipes
- Slice the cucumbers and onion approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Pack the vegetables into two clean pint jars.
- Make the brine by combining the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and spices in a saucepan over medium heat. Let simmer, while stirring, until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Pour the brine over the vegetables in the jars.
- Put on the lids, let the jars cool, then put in the refrigerator. Wait 24 hours before eating. These should last about a month in the refrigerator.