Easy Green Beans
- 1 - 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 - 1.5 pounds green beans trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic minced optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- Heat oil in a large pot or a skillet over medium heat. Add green beans and cook, stirring often until the beans are blistering and browning in areas, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic if using and salt and cook, stirring constantly for 30 seconds.
- Add water and immediately cover. Cook covered until the beans are bright green and crisp tender, 1 to 3 minutes, depending on your taste. Serve immediately.
Back to Recipes
Add some red pepper flake for a little kick. If your skillet does not have a lid, use a baking sheet or some aluminum foil instead.