Beet and Carrot Salad
- 2 -3 beets about 1 lb
- 2-3 large carrots about ½ lb
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or other vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp honey or other sweetener
- Salt and pepper to taste
Back to Recipes
- You can peel the vegetables or just scrub them well with a stiff vegetable brush or sponge. Cut off the ends.
- Grad the beets and carrots with a box grater and place in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), honey, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over the slaw and toss well. Taste, then season with salt and pepper as needed. If you find the salad bitter, you can add a little more honey.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.