Kale chips can be made in either a conventional or microwave oven.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 -2 tsp olive or other oil
- salt to taste
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Cut or tear the kale leaves from the stems. Leave the leaves whole, or cut larger leaves into smaller pieces.
- Rinse the leaves and pat or spin dry.
- Toss with oil and salt.
- Place the prepared kale leaves on a greased baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese (if using).
- Bake at 350° until the leaves are crisp and brown on the edges, about 10 – 15 minutes.
Back to Recipes
To bake in a microwave oven: Place the prepared kale leaves on a microwave-safe plate in a single layer. Microwave until crisp, about 3 minutes.