Twice Baked Potatoes with Broccoli
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 big broccoli crown
- 1/2 cup milk low-fat cow’s milk or milk alternatives both work
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese can be low fat
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clean potatoes with a vegetable brush and dry.
- There are 2 ways to cook your potatoes: Rub them with oil and cook them in the oven at 400 degree F for about an hour until fork tender. Or pierce the potatoes several times with a fork or a knife and cook them in the microwave until fork tender. Cooking time depends on your microwave and the size of your potatoes. Start with 5 minutes, flip the potatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes or longer.
- While the potatoes are cooking, clean your broccoli, chop into small pieces and sauté or steam for a few minutes.
- Once cooked, cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside into a bowl.
- Add milk, broccoli, nutmeg, salt, pepper and about 1/3 of the cheese to the potato flesh and mash.
- Place the potato skins on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or greased).
- Scoop the broccoli mix into the potato skins and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degree F for about 15-20 minutes until lightly brown. You can also put the potatoes in the microwave for a few minutes if you prefer not to use the oven.
Back to Recipes
To save time and energy cost, put your potatoes in the oven while you bake something else. Then safe them in the fridge until ready to make this recipe. Leftover twice baked potatoes make a great lunch, combine them with a hard-boiled egg for a balanced meal.