This is a quick meal with many possible variations. You can make it with English muffins instead of pita bread. Or you can add mushroom, bacon, or ham.
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pitas
- 4 Tbsp ricotta
- Red-pepper flakes optional
Back to Recipes
- Set the oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a pan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt.
- Place pitas on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread each with 2 tablespoons ricotta and top with sautéed leeks. Season with pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Bake until the pita is golden and cheese begins to melt, 6 to 8 minutes. Season with red-pepper flakes.