- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 medium zucchini skin on, cut into large chunks
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp half & half, cream or sour cream optional
- salt and black pepper to taste
Back to Recipes
- In a large pot, heat the oil and stir in the chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook for a few minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- Add diced zucchini, broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender or a normal blender. You can also use a potato masher.
- Add the half & half, cream or sour cream if using.
- Taste for salt and pepper and adjust to taste.