Radishes Sautéed with Greens
Many people aren’t aware that radish greens are edible. Like other greens, they are packed with nutrition. The raw greens are sometimes prickly, but with cooking they become tender and delicious to eat.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or other oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp each ground ginger and turmeric*
- 2 cups thinly sliced radishes approximately
- The greens from the radishes sliced or torn
- In a large frying pan, sauté the garlic and onion in the oil until the onion starts to turn translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spices.
- Add the radishes and stir to coat with the spices. Let cook until tender, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the radish greens and cook another minute or two, until wilted. You can add a little water to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan if necessary.
Back to Recipes
This recipe can also be made with carrots and their greens instead of the radishes. *Other possible spice combinations: ½ teaspoon each turmeric and ground mustard or ¼ teaspoon each turmeric, cumin, and coriander. Or you could try thyme and/or rosemary instead. And if you want to keep it simple, just use a little salt and pepper.