Morning Glory Muffins
- 3/4 cup raisins optional
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tsp baking soda
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp ginger optional
- 1/4 Tsp nutmeg optional
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 large apple, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut can be replaced with oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds or wheat germ optional
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice, apple juice, apple cider or water
Back to Recipes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a loaf pan or muffin tin or fill tin with muffin wrappers.
- In a small bowl, cover raisins with hot water and let sit.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Stir in the carrots, apple, coconut, nuts and sunflower seeds or wheat germ.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, oil, vanilla and juice, cider or water until thoroughly combined. Add to the flour mixture.
- Drain raisins and add them to the batter. Mix until evenly moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake muffins for around 25 minutes and bread for around 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.