Easy Potato Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1 cup large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced optional
- 4 cups diced veggies like carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower (use just one or mix and match)
- 3-4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound diced potatoes
- Add oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic. Stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add in any veggies you are using, potatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer until everything is fork tender. This will take 10-20 minutes depending on your veggies and how small you cut them.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Use a potato masher or a blender to mash or blend the soup. Make the soup as chunky or as smooth as you like.
Back to Recipes
Use more or less broth to achieve your desired thickness. Serve plain or with chive, green onions, bacon, cheese, or sour cream.