This is another recipe that works both with potatoes and with turnips.
Press the cooked turnips in between clean kitchen towels or paper towels until flat. The towels will absorb excess water.
Brush them with olive oil and garlic and sprinkle them with cheese before baking in the oven.
- 4-6 medium turnips
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup grated cheese cheddar, parmesan or something else
- pepper to taste
- Peel the turnips.
- Place them in a pot with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook on medium for about 20 minutes or until the turnips can be pierced with a knife. (Cooking time depends on the size of your turnips.)
- Place the cooked turnips between 2 layers of clean kitchen towel (or paper towel) and gently press each one down until flat.
- Combine olive oil with crushed garlic and pepper. Preheat oven to 375 degree.
- Brush turnips with the oil mix, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.