- 1 1/2 - 2 turnips about 5-6 turnips
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- Peel the turnips and cut them into large, even pieces.
- Put the turnip pieces into a pot with water and some salt. Bring to a boil and cook on medium until they are easily pierced with a fork, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the turnips and let them sit in the pot for a few minutes, so steam can escape.
- Add some milk, starting with 1/4 cup, and mash. Add more milk until you like the consistency. Add salt as needed.
Back to Recipes
Add some butter for a more creamy mash.