Leek and Potato Soup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2-3 leeks thoroughly cleaned and chopped
- 2 lbs. potatoes peeled and diced, about 6 medium
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a soup pot melt butter and sauté the leeks on low to medium heat for 3-4 minutes. The leeks should not get brown.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth; simmer until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Pour half-and-half and milk into the soup and continue to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Use an immersion blender, a regular blender, or a potato masher to blend the soup to your desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Back to Recipes
Hold back some of the half & half and/or milk and add more at the end to adjust the thickness of the soup to your liking.