Thank you to everyone who helped make our Capital Campaign a success!
Celebrate the completion of the Capital Campaign and learn how improvements to our infrastructure are allowing Willing Hands to make a bigger impact than ever in the Upper Valley.
Take an on-site tour
Attend a small-group tour of the Willing Hands Facility at 198 Church Street in Norwich, VT, on September 23rd at 5:00pm, September 28th at 4:00pm, October 1st at 1:00pm or October 5th at 5:00pm. RSVP required.
Attend our virtual Capital Campaign Showcase
Join us for this online event, September 30th at 7:00pm.
When we launched the Capital Campaign in the fall of 2019, our goal was to raise $1.86 million over the course of two years. We could not have foreseen how a global pandemic would put 1 in 4 Vermonters and 1 in 7 New Hampshire residents at risk of going hungry, or how Willing Hands would nearly double in size to meet the critical need for fresh, healthy food.
In less than a year, nearly 1,000 donors helped us reach our initial Capital Campaign goal. The need in our community remains high, so we increased our goal to $2.3 million to invest more in our organization’s infrastructure and staff.
Here is what we have accomplished so far:
Delivering More Food
- We recovered, grew, gleaned, purchased, processed, and delivered for free 958,135 pounds of fresh, healthy food in 2020–an 80% increase over 2019.
- To handle all of this food, we installed a new walk-in cooler, purchased a tractor and a new delivery truck, and built a vegetable washing and packing station.
Reaching More People
- Added 20 new recipient organizations across the Upper Valley
- Expanded our geographic reach to serve towns on the outskirts
- Hired six new staff to focus on:
- Maintaining strong relationships with our recipient organizations
- Managing and organizing the warehouse
- Communication and outreach
- Increasing gleaning opportunities with farm partners
- Office administration
- Development and fundraising
Reducing Operating Costs
- Paid off our mortgage
- Installed a 35-kW solar array