The Campaign For Willing Hands
Now through June 30, your donation will help our organization grow. Will you join us in reaching our goal?
When we launched the Capital Campaign in the fall of 2019, our goal was to raise $1.86 million over the course of two years. We could not have foreseen how a global pandemic would put 1 in 4 Vermonters and 1 in 7 New Hampshire residents at risk of going hungry, or how Willing Hands would nearly double in size to meet the critical need for fresh, healthy food.
In less than a year, nearly 1,000 donors helped us reach our initial Capital Campaign goal. The need in our community remains high, so we increased our goal to $2.3 million to invest more in our organization’s infrastructure and staff.
Here is what we have accomplished so far:
Delivering More Food
- We recovered, grew, gleaned, purchased, processed, and delivered for free 958,135 pounds of fresh, healthy food in 2020–an 80% increase over 2019.
- To handle all of this food, we installed a new walk-in cooler, purchased a tractor and a new delivery truck, and built a vegetable washing and packing station.
Reaching More People
- Added 20 new recipient organizations across the Upper Valley
- Expanded our geographic reach to serve towns on the outskirts
- Hired six new staff to focus on:
- Maintaining strong relationships with our recipient organizations
- Managing and organizing the warehouse
- Communication and outreach
- Increasing gleaning opportunities with farm partners
- Office administration
- Development and fundraising
Reducing Operating Costs
- Paid off our mortgage
- Installed a 35-kW solar array