- 2 pounds carrots washed and peeled if needed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- chopped parsley or carrot green for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the carrots into pieces, about ½″ thick.
- Toss carrots on the baking sheet with oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until they are easily pierced through with a fork. Time will depend on the size of the carrot pieces.
- Serve warm, garnished with parsley if desired.
Back to Recipes
Young fresh carrots or baby Carrots can be left whole and will require less time. Variations: Spicy carrots: Add ½ tsp - 1 ½ tsp chili powder, depending on how spicy you like it. Honey and butter glazed carrots: Melt 1 Tbsp butter and add 1 Tbsp honey to the butter. Cover the roasted carrots with this butter-honey glaze.